ME/CFS South Australia Inc supports the needs of sufferers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and related illnesses. We do this by providing services and information to members.
ME/CFS South Australia Inc aims to keep members informed of various research projects, diets, medications, therapies, news items, etc. All communication, both verbal and written, is merely to disseminate information and not to make recommendations or directives.
Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this Web site are not necessarily the official views of the Society or its Committee and are not simply an endorsement of products or services.
What Questions To Ask A Doctor About Fibromyalgia Or Getting Diagnosed
Monday 5 November 2018
What questions to ask a doctor about Fibromyalgia or getting diagnosed
Often times we don't know what to ask our doctors when it comes to our symptoms and diagnosis. I have learned over the years what are some great questions to ask, and what doctors are best suited for Fibromyalgia.
Here are just a few questions, I have asked
1) What is causing my symptoms and my pain?
2) Could there be more than one condition causing my symptoms and what could those conditions be?
3) What tests will you run to determine my condition (s)
4) How accurate are these tests for diagnosing these conditions?
5) Will I get worse over time with our without treatment
6) What are my treatment options?
7) Do you believe supplements can help with Fibromyalgia and Autoimmune
8) If so what Supplements would you suggest?
9) Are you aware of the medications I am currently taking?
10) Will the medications you are prescribing interact with my current medications?
11) Do you recommend anything that may help me at home other than medications?
Those are just a few that I have asked over the 20 plus years having Fibromyalgia.
I highly recommend that if a doctor is railroading you such as, talking over you or not listening, find a new doctor. I know it is tiring to keep trying to find a doctor that will listen, but once you do, it will be so beneficial for you. Doctors work for you. Not the other way around. You want a doctor that is going to listen and work with you on a plan of action that you are comfortable with and a Doctor that will have empathy for you. Please don't quit trying to find the right one for you.
I believe that Osteopaths and Chiropractors are the best medical doctors to treat Fibromyalgia and help you on your healing path. Do not be intimidated by something new. If you have any questions I will be happy to help in any way that I can.
Email me @ email@example.com
blog comments powered by Disqus