Society Logo
ME/CFS Australia Ltd
Please click here to donate ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc
 
 
Facebook
 
ME/CFS AUSTRALIA (SA) INC

Registered Charity 3104

Email:
sacfs@sacfs.asn.au

Mailing address:

PO Box 322,
Modbury,
South Australia 5092

Phone:
1300 128 339

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday,
10am - 4pm
(phone)

ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc supports the needs of sufferers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and related illnesses. We do this by providing services and information to members.

Disclaimer

ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc aims to keep members informed of various research projects, diets, medications, therapies, news items, etc. All communication, both verbal and written, is merely to disseminate information and not to make recommendations or directives.

Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this Web site are not necessarily the official views of the Society or its Committee and are not simply an endorsement of products or services.

Become a Member
PDF Application Form (PDF, 159KB)
Why become a member?

Botched Mold Removal Causes Debilitating Illness, Lawsuit Says

Friday 20 July 2018

 

From US TV station ABC Local 10:

 

Annette Davis
Annette Davis
 

Botched mold removal causes debilitating illness, lawsuit says

Contractors did not remove dangerous toxins from behind walls, woman says

By Amy Viteri - Investigative Reporter
July 18, 2018
© 2018 local10.com is published by WPLG INC., a Berkshire Hathaway company.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Annette Davis struggled to understand what was happening to her body.

For some time she had been living with a condition called chronic fatigue syndrome, but she was managing it with medication. Then in 2014, something changed.

"I couldn't explain it. I just dropped so much weight. I got down to 97 pounds," Davis said. "I started cracking teeth because I was anemic. I had my hair falling out."

The trouble started after February 2014. A water cooling tower on the roof of her condominium building, the Tides at BridgeSide Square in Fort Lauderdale, ruptured and dumped water into the building.

"I just started hearing what sounded like 30 bathtubs at once pouring behind my wall," Davis said.

The property management company, AKAM Living Services Inc., called in Alliance Restoration to address the water damage.

"They brought a dehumidifier and a couple fans," Davis said.

Davis got sicker but the cause was a mystery until 2017, when medical tests found toxins in her system that had been caused by fungus.

 

Full article…

 


Arrow right

More Multiple Chemical Sensitivity news

 


Arrow right

More Multimedia

 


 

blog comments powered by Disqus
Previous Previous Page