Society Logo
ME/CFS Australia Ltd
Please click here to donate ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc
 
 
Facebook
 
ME/CFS AUSTRALIA (SA) INC

Registered Charity 3104

Email:
sacfs@sacfs.asn.au

Mailing address:
PO Box 28,
Hindmarsh,
South Australia 5007

Office:
Suite 506,
North Terrace House,
19 North Terrace,
Hackney, SA, 5069


Phone:
1300 128 339

Office Hours:
Wednesdays, 11am-3pm

ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc supports the needs of sufferers of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and related illnesses. We do this by providing services and information to members.

Disclaimer

ME/CFS Australia (SA) Inc aims to keep members informed of various research projects, diets, medications, therapies, news items, etc. All communication, both verbal and written, is merely to disseminate information and not to make recommendations or directives.

Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed on this Web site are not necessarily the official views of the Society or its Committee and are not simply an endorsement of products or services.

Become a Member
PDF Application Form (PDF, 242KB)
Why become a member?

Alert mum gets family to flee blaze

Friday 6 June 2014

 

From The West Australian:

 

Megan Zuks
Quick thinking: Megan Zuks.
(Picture: Danella Bevis/The West Australian)
 

Alert mum gets family to flee blaze

TAYISSA BARONE
The West Australian
May 12, 2014, 2:01 am

A Cooloongup mother of two who managed to get her children out of their burning home seconds before their bedroom ceilings collapsed says she is thankful her family are alive.

Megan Zuks, her daughters aged 9 and 18 and the elder daughter's boyfriend were asleep in the Linville Avenue home when the 44-year-old smelt "a real stench" about 3.30am yesterday.

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia seven years ago, Ms Zuks says her heightened sense of smell and feeling led her to realise the home was on fire.

"My bedroom was aglow, my bedroom is usually black so I looked up at the air-conditioning vent and it was glowing red so I've just got to my daughter, 'get out of the bedroom' but she wouldn't move," she said.

Ms Zuks ran to the other bedrooms to get her other daughter and her eldest daughter's boyfriend out of the house.

Ms Zuks, her daughters and the boyfriend fled the home.

She said she ran back inside to get her mobile phone so she could call the fire brigade.

"I grabbed my phone and it was on fire . . . by then my door was on fire and my bed was aflame," Ms Zuks said. "When we got (outside) the air-conditioner exploded and it fell into the roof."

She said she would never forget this Mother's Day.

"I'm just thankful, can't be anything else," she said.

The fire caused $150,000 damage and destroyed many of the family's possessions.

 

The above originally appeared here.

 


Arrow right

More Fibromyalgia News

 


 

blog comments powered by Disqus

Previous Previous Page